Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Walking through the Wonders

The entire book Wonder makes you think about how you treat people. Learning about Auggie's deformity, You find yourself asking if you treat people that way. I think it would be hard to not do a double take. We can't always hide our surprise.
At Auggie's age, he is just learning so many things about the world. Especially after being home-schooled all his life. He has to learn to be around other children. After being thrown into an environment like that, not at all by choice, I am not sure how I would have handled it. But Auggie does. He is such a strong boy.
Auggie grows up a great deal throughout Wonder. He sleeps away from his house for the first time, he makes friends, he cuts off his Padawan braid... That is so much to happen in one year, especially with him being around fifth grade age.
I like that the book takes us in a shifting viewpoint. We get to see things how August does, but we also get to see him through the eyes of others and it makes for a wonderful story. If I had to rate the book, I would give wonder a 10 out of 10. I love it. I would like to thank Dr. Gulley for sharing this book with us, without her, I may have never read it. I will definitely spend more time appreciating God's little wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment